Nassau Christian Center was incorporated on August 4, 1978 as an Assemblies of God church, under the leadership of Pastor Jesse Owens. The newly formed congregation leased the historic building on the corner of Nassau and Chambers Streets. This building was the meeting place for St. Andrews Presbyterian Church until it merged with Nassau Presbyterian in 1973.
The first official service of NCC, on Sunday, August 6, 1978 was attended by more than 50 people. On August 4, 1980 the building was purchased from Nassau Presbyterian Church. This event was celebrated by a street meeting and a time of prayer on the front lawn of the church.
The history of the building goes back another one hundred years. The cornerstone was laid on August 14, 1867 and the building was dedicated on December 14, 1868. The sanctuary, complete with an opera-style balcony across the end and along the sides, was constructed to seat 1,000 people. The Princeton newspaper reported that 1,500 people crowded into the church for evangelistic meetings with D.L. Moody and Ira Sankey in 1876. Various alterations were made to the building since the 1800's, including the addition of a Christian Education wing in the 1950's, where classrooms and the church offices are presently.NCC's congregation has experienced the Lord's faithfulness and abundant blessing. In August of 2008 we celebrated the 30th anniversary of Nassau Christian Center. In the years to come, we will continue to praise God, thanking Him for His faithfulness and for the opportunity to serve Him.